Harpreet Bhatia ( Harps) joined the club in 2004 and has played in the first XI for the past 17 years. He became club captain in 2016. He is a very dominant batter who likes taking the game to the opposition. He often uses himself as a partnership breaker with his mixtures of off spin and leg breaks. Harps is a very responsible, inspiring, and motivating captain who always leads by example he shows profound respect for his teammates, opposition, and officials. He has always played junior cricket locally and was promoted into the first XI senior side at Hounslow Cricket Club at the age of fifteen where he played alongside former West Indian and Australian international players. Harps and his younger brother Bally were involved in a record-breaking partnership of just over 250 runs in a Thames Valley division 2 league match, in which he scored 150 not out. Harps’ vision for the club is:
• Lead the first XI into Division 1 of the Thames Valley League,
• To work in tandem with the coaches of the junior sides
• To impart my cricketing skills and knowledge onto all members
• To empower and help younger players achieve their potential as cricketers by following his footsteps as an excellent cricketer
• To help build a bigger more successful and prosperous club.